Thursday, September 15, 2005

That email my boss had pre-written in his head for me to send.

Apparently I fucked it up.

I wrote everything down as he dictated it to me.

I repeated it back to him to make sure I got it right.

But I got one of the meetings wrong.

He initially told me 2:30P with himself and Colleen. I assumed he meant the only Colleen in our office - Colleen the POC (Production Coordinator).

Then he changed it to 2P - same players.

Turns out the meetings is at 2:30P and with a different Colleen. The executive producer/co-president of the production company. The one I didn't know was flying out until after this email was typed up and sent out.

Cause of course I'm supposed to be omniscient and have known he meant someone who works 3,000 plus miles away. Who I had no idea would be in the office.

Or that he meant a different time.

Regardless, I can't help but feel/know that ultimately it was my responsibility to print out the email and have him approve it prior to sending it.

The one task he's given me all week and I manage to muck it up.

Sigh.

No comments: