Friday, September 16, 2005

The director hired an assistant.

He didn't go with any of the people my boss and the others interviewed.

He went with someone his sister recommended.

The majority of the time, it is all about who ya know - whose cock you suck in this biz - but I've been lucky.

I got this job without any political jockeying.

I got my jobs on two major tv shows and two major studios all on my own.

Not that I haven't gotten jobs through the political loop-de-loop.

The production coordinator on one of the shows I worked got me my next job on a pilot, the post supervisor on that pilot brought me with him to the next pilot he was working on. My jobs at two other NYC based shows were due to the same person - a former college chum.

So I'd say its about split down the middle. I like knowing though that in this difficult industry - I don't always have to rely on others to keep myself employed.

No comments: