Thursday, September 15, 2005

I'm just meant to look like an idiot today.

First there's the email snafu.

Then it turns out the script I have for the feature my boss is producing is not current. The draft my boss gave me is out of date. Not a problem if it was only in my possession. But it is this out-dated copy I've been giving to people like the location manager, assistant directors, etc at the request of my boss.

Its not until today, when the location manager is in with the director who also happens to be the writer that this mistake comes to light.

Now the director's brother - who is also the editor - is here to see my boss. But I don't know this. The office production assistant comes to me and simply says the guy's name. What he normally does when someone is on the phone for my boss. So I go and tell my boss - X is on the phone. But there's no LINE BLINKING. Which means he isn't on the phone.

I go up front and sure enough - he's standing there pacing. I bring him back and show him to my boss's office.

Can I just be the proverbial ostrich and shove my head in the ground - five seconds will suffice.

I mean it isn't like the executive producer/co-president of the production company is here to witness all these snafus.

Oh wait! She is.

Ughhhh......

No comments: