Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Unmistakable – when you walked into a room

Unforgettable – with a laugh you made your own

Undeniable – the passion to live your dream

Unbelievable - to be blessed in knowing you

Jesse was frequently in my thoughts even though we weren’t in constant contact. I was thinking of him more often the last few months – between his big basketball game – his impending move – and text messages about his script.

I find these days – thoughts of Jesse are my constant companion. He’s there when I wake up and when I go to sleep. He’s by my side throughout the day. His voice – his enthusiasm – his unwavering belief in me will spur me forward to fulfill my dreams.

It’s not a cliché that Jesse’s spirit lives on. One needs to only look at how many lives he touched. And it won’t just be in the amazing foundation his family put together or the scholarship from his former boss – it is truly in each one of us that he’ll continue to thrive. His love – his intensity – his desire to always do his best – to go that one step farther – will inspire and push each of us to be our very best as well.

As he said in his last voicemail to me - "Hey this is Jesse T. and the place to be." We all wish your place was still on earth.

I love you Jesse – you will be forever missed.

No comments: