Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Boss man is out on an insert shoot for a movie with most of the rest of the skeleton staff in the office. Its another fun-filled day of surfing the internet for me.

The singular office production assistant left about five minutes after I arrived to drop off a power cord for the Unit Production Manager - that would be over 3 hours ago and the UPM was only a 10 minute drive at best away. And the office pa, I can only assume, has turned his cell off as it keeps going to voicemail.

This has left me to answer the phones. Not a problem at all. I'm glad for the task. Happy to be able to interact with people and not just my computer. But the real problem is I need to use the facilities and there's no one to cover the phones for me. Not a single soul. If I knew how to check the voicemail - it wouldn't be as big an issue.

When we were still shooting the television show, I was in the office once every two months at best. I don't answer the phones here. The front office staff takes care of that and I pitch in when they get crazed. So I was never shown the voicemail system. Heck I don't even have the ability to intercom the other offices on my phone. Every time someone calls today, I have to physically track the party they are looking for down or just holler it out and hope someone hollers back.

I'm hoping this guy, our office P.A., returns soon.

He told me when I arrived, he didn't expect anyone to be in today. Then the director of the feature showed up with his new assistant. My boss knew he was coming. But did he impart this knowledge onto me, no.

Yet again either making me or him or both look like dumbasses.

Sigh.

No comments: